FPS problems in CSGO

Okay, so i hope someone can help me with my fps problem. I dont know if i need to buy a new, gpu, cpu or its just a setting thats wrong you know. Dont want to waste any money :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve had this pc for 3 years. No new components. Ive had constantly 299 fps with “fps_max 300”. Couple of weeks ago it started to drop. Down to low 200s. And now all the time at 150, SOMETIMES as low as 80fps. I have no clue as to what may have happened. My cpu: Intel® Core™ i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 core(s), 4 logical core(s). My gpu: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960. I play on 1024x768 with all settings low, except shadow. Currently have everything up to date. I have tried out many different settings. Nvidia settings. Ive tried mat_queue_mode -1/-2 which makes my csgo shut down in online games. And 1/2 which lowers my fps even further.

Soooo, if anyone is able to help it would be much appreciated if you do, i have been trying to fix this for many hours now, i have googled and read forums, no help. So i dont know what to do, what do purchase, what to change :S

Thank you for helping in advance :slight_smile: