How often do false bans occur?

A friend of mine has not played in a long time. His rank has dropped down a lot but he is pretty good at the game. He is concerned if he starts at such a low rank and ranks up too fast, it will flag something and he will get banned for it. I don’t think he will but he doesn’t want it to happen. I am wondering how often false bans take place. Anyone know?

Uhh not very often but if one does occur, in 99% of cases, it is lifted within 48 hours. If it isn’t then you contact them about the issue and they are more than happy to lift it if it was not down to hacks/cheating. I think he will be fine playing. If he is still worried, he can just rank up slower.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I didn’t think this was anything to worry about. Knowing they will lift it if it was a mistake by them is good to know as well. What do you mean by rank up slower though?

Just tell him to play more casual to start and let himself miss out on kills/be killed. This way he will rank up slower and it won’t look so dramatic on his stats.

1 Like